Friday, April 24, 2009

Correction to James Harvey Walker Photo


James Harvey Walker, a 4th great half uncle of mine, was the apparent subject of a recent article I posted about an accident on the way to a funeral. I included in the article a photo, not from the newspaper, but one which I received from a granddaughter of his, Adelia Knight, several years ago.

Tim Walker wrote me questioning whether the photo was, as I noted, of Jim and his family or of his brother Milton Green Walker, who was a member of the state legislature from Cocke County and principal there.

The photo here includes, without a doubt, Jim on the left and Green on the right, although the photo was taken many years after the earlier picture.

Although the photo in question was passed down through Jim's family and not Green's, when compared with another known photo of Green and his family from a few years later, I too believe that the photo I posted earlier is more likely to be Green's family, not Jim's.

No comments:

Post a Comment